Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fireworks for my birthday


Hope things are going great in Utah!
Elder Cook was awesome! Elder Cook, President Clayton of the 70, and another 70 spoke to us as well as their wives. We also got to shake all their hands. It was a super cook experience. They talked about real growth, and what we should do and be as missionaries. I really liked Sister Clayton, as she talked about really using love in the work, and how we should be happy while working. A lot of great thoughts, I will have to bring my notebook next time of what they said. They spoke to families that were members after speaking to us. Awesome experience. For my birthday we visited lots of members, because Elder Carniero wanted to say goodbye. It was really cool and a member made us a dinner and a cake for my birthday. Also you remember how I said my birthday is the birthday of São Jorge, or Saint George, apparently it was a big holiday. They had continuous fireworks all day and huge parties in the streets, literally almost every block. The second most fireworks I have seen after New Years. I had to just imagine they were all celebrating my Birthday, hahahaha.  So I absolutely love working with Elder Kerr. This past week has been the most tiring of my mission; I have not worked harder on my mission. But it has been super good. Unfortunately we had some problems finding people at home. But we have a few new families and people to teach, and I think some have real potential to progress. We are working a lot right now trying to figure out what investigators we should work with, and which ones should be put in the area book, because out of our contacts probably one in 4 will give an address. But many times they give the wrong address or actually don´t want anything. So we are learning to find people prepared. I think maybe half member families might be something we start working more with. But really I have lots of hope for this transfer; working with Elder Kerr will be great.
Love you guys all so much!  Send my love to Grandmas and Grandpa would you? Will email you next week about mother’s day, man that was fast. ha. Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment