Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm 20 today!


Wow wow wow. Haha First thanks a million for the letters and the cards!!! They were awesome. I really can´t believe I am 20 years old. Life goes by way too fast I think. haha. But good news for transfers, I am staying in my area but my new senior comp is Elder Kerr!!! My comp in the Provo, MTC. I am super excited to work with him, he will come to my area tomorrow. He is way smart and a way hard worker too. I really think we can get lots of good work done this week. Also I will let you know how Elder Cook went because it will be tomorrow. Haha but our house stayed the same besides my comp leaving. It is now 3 Americans from our group from the CTM and our American DL. We will have to be diligent about speaking Portuguese. We had a member give us a birthday cake yesterday haha so that was way cool. The members are all way cool in our ward. We will try and find something cool to do today. Anyways this week we met a lot of new investigators. Unfortunately none went to church but I think in the next few weeks we can have for sure some baptisms. I don´t know if it was the same in the Philippines but they have lots of Spiritualists here, mixes of Christianity and African religions that believe in talking with spirits. Today is the holiday of the main founder of it, haha. It´s interesting to learn about other religions because we are teaching some Spiritualists but we really need to make clear on a few points. haha. It was cool we had a lesson with an 80 year old man this week. He said he found an LDS friendship card in his house and he doesn´t even know how it got there. But he wants to read the book of Mormon because he always thought there should be more than the bible. He even has 5 kids legally married and 8 grandkids. Now the sad part about it is that he only works in our area, but lives in another. I´m really hoping he can be baptized there because that could change the life of his entire family. We had some other pretty good lessons but I´ll let you know next week what happens with our investigators, if any progress. But all in all I am super excited for this transfer.

Anyways tell the whole world hi for me. I am having a great birthday here in Brazil!! Besides the fact I feel like I am getting too old way too fast. haha I send my love, prayers, and eternal thanks!! Love, Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment