Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference on laptops


Olá!
So first send my love to Grandma Ottosen for her birthday.  I love and miss her and all the things she has done for me throughout the years! Second, give my love to Grandpa Ottosen and get well wishes. I´m really glad he is doing better but keep my updated. I don´t know a lot of people tougher than him. haha.
Anyways conference was great! Honestly I loved it, we watched it in the stake center, and the American missionaries watched it in English on a laptop. I also really loved Jeffery R Holland´s and Dieter F. Uchtdorf´s talks. They are consistently good and I really loved the emphasis on love. Also I noticed that many talked on personal revelation, which I loved, a huge part of everyone´s lives. I unfortunately did not see David Archuleta, but haha that is way sweet! Unfortunately we only had one investigator go to conference, and it is a bit complicated, but maybe something he heard in conference will give him a motive to change. I think it was difficult because the stake center is about an hour away from Irajá by bus, a lot faster by car but no one has a car. haha. But we do have a family we found I am really excited about. Elizabeth was a reference, and she has a daughter, son, a mom that is interested and I think a husband. We talked to her and she knows the church through a young women’s activity. She was very interested in learning more and agrees with many points of the church. On for example is our church stressing a living Savior, not everything on his death. She also already knows about the word of Wisdom and thinks that’s great that we treat our bodies well. I am really exciting to see what happens. We have only met with her once but I will let you know next week what happens. Also this week we have the wedding of two recent converts that are way cool. They got baptized last year, but weren´t ready to marry so they decided to live separately. But on the 7th they will be married in the church and then go to the temple I think a little later this year. They have a non-member daughter that hasn´t been too interested, but maybe seeing her parent’s example will change that. Anyways I hope you guys have a great spring break! And enjoy crazy Utah weather, which I admit I miss. My comp thinks it is crazy weather to go from 100 to 75 in a day, haha so 80 to 40 would be a bit different. Also no we don´t have zone conference, but once every 3 weeks or so we will have mission conference with 2 zones. No plans for my birthday yet, haha maybe I find something cool to do. Oh I almost forgot, Quentin L Cook is coming to Rio and will talk to the missionaries April 24th!! I am super excited about this and am really looking forward to it! Anyways Love you all so much! Thanks for everything! And send my Love to everyone. Elder Connor Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment