Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finding a family to teach!


Hey!!! So this week was one of the most tiring but best weeks on the mission. Elder Kerr and I worked tons trying to find new people and find people at home. It can be hard during the afternoon cause everyone is at work, and then they get home a just want to party. But we found a family super elect and prepared. We actually haven´t had a chance to talk to the dad and son yet. But the Mom and Daughter loved the message, went to church and loved it, and will be baptized the 20th. It was cool because while we went over the first vision, which is pretty much the best way to invite the spirit, I´m the one who spoke it. And I could feel the spirit super strong, it is almost like I wasn´t the one talking. Super cool experience, then my comp got prompted to share the word of wisdom. We found out that the mom, Tania, has a problem smoking. But she really wants to quit and has been trying, so we fasted for her Sunday and I know she will have the help she needs. Well I am super excited for them, and also the bishop gave us a list of all the members in the ward who are inactive, or part member families. So we are going to be visiting lots of them and see if we can complete families and reactivate others. All in all it was a good work, lots a lessons fell through, but we found Tania and Yasmim and their family so I am super excited. Elder Kerr is a great example to me.
So living in Rio has reaffirmed my belief in never doing drugs. It is super sad when you see homeless people and/or complete crazy people in the streets. We probably have at least one drunk or crazy guy come up to us every two days. One guy told us a story about how he was the first member in Brazil, but then started into cannibalism. Man I hope he was just crazy, but it really is sad because the vast majority of Brazils problems, violence, favelas, crazy people, they are all because of the huge drug problem. The Devil really works through dangerous methods, and I have talked to many less active members who testify to that.
But Anyways glad things are going pretty well back at home! Tell Kade, Paige, and Dad congrats on LAX. That is super cool that they are enjoying it. And Paige has braces now!? Wow, I feel like I will return and not even recognize my own family. haha but cool!
So no I haven´t gotten the package yet, but we will get everything on the 17th.  I love you all and thank you guys tons for the prayers, love and help. With Love,
Elder Connor Ottosen.


To my Friends... "6 And now behold, we desire to know the cause of this exceedingly great neglect; yea, we desire to know the cause of your thoughtless state. Alma 60:6" (Refering to lack of letters by friends.) But I hope that you will follow the counsel of the prophets in Mosiah 24:6  "6 But they taught them that they should keep their record, and that they might write one to another." and maybe, just maybe I will have faith, which is Hebrews 11:1 (Now afaith is the bsubstance of things choped for, the devidence of things not seen.) Love you all and hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment