Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Got some letters!


Hey Family,
This week was pretty calm, not a lot happened. We are preparing Tânia and Yasmim for their baptism Saturday. I am super excited; it will be a great day. haha. We still haven’t had tons of luck finding the rest of the family to teach and baptize but we aren’t giving up. The pizza party went great! We are really getting them integrated into the ward. We actually made pancakes for them last Saturday! It was exciting to show them some American food. ha. Then we have Marcio and Denise. Sunday started out a bit rough because my comp is sick and all of our Investigators but two didn´t come to church. We were kind of down, but as a Tender mercy of the Lord we had 5 investigators in church brought by members, a total of 7! The best we have done on the mission so far! And a really cool but inactive family of Alfredo returned to church! Needless to say I was really happy, The Lord is always by our side. We also had zone conference this week. It was really cool; the President talked a lot about real growth, baptizing families, and having a Temple in Rio. It got me really excited. Rio isn´t exactly a strong part of the Church in Brazil, regardless of the fact there is over 10 million people, but it is growing and improving. So we had a reference yesterday. We went there and apparently it was this 80-year-old guy who was baptized like 40 years ago, but never went to church again and never even got confirmed. We are going to work with him and try and get him confirmed. Wow the Lord really never forgets people huh? Unfortunately we have transfers next week, I think I will stay but I have been here a long time so we will see.

Tell Grandma Ottosen and Fitzgerald hi for me. We got letters last week and I got a letter from both of them, also family history, the letter sent by the ward during conference (Tell them thanks a million) and a Letter from Cutler!!! We will get packages today so I am super excited for that. So I have to admit I miss the Porter Rockwell trail, I haven´t gone there in a long time but I always remember going there lots when littler.
Man a solar eclipse? That is pretty awesome.

 So thanks a lot for the history. I love reading it and really appreciate it. Love you and the family! Send my love and thanks! Love, Elder Connor Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment