Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hottest Month of the Year


Oi! Happy Valentines Day! Glad to hear that you got a little rain! Hope you guys get more soon! It has been super hot here, I guess February is the hottest month, good thing it is also the shortest. haha. That is awsome about Colton and TJ. I’m sad I can’t be at their farewells, but Ill be there for their homecomings. I bet Chile will be awesome! Unfortunately no, we didn´t have the opportunity to go to the Worldwide Leadership training, sounds like it was pretty awesome though! I will have to try and read some of it. So I haven´t gotten the package yet from you or the ward, but they might be at the mission office, not sure but I’ll let you know.  Hey question. The Murrays from our old ward have a son that went on a mission to San Diego a few years back? Because we have DVDs from preach my gospel and one of the missionaries is Elder Murray from Draper Utah. haha
 So no I haven´t heard about the police strike during carnival, hopefully that doesn’t happen, probably wouldn´t be good. From what I heard Carnival starts this Friday at 4, and goes until next Wednesday or Thursday. The members are saying that Rio seriously shuts down to drink and party. No stores will be open and I will only be able to email next week if the president lets us email from a member’s house. Should be really interesting because the president isn’t changing anything for the first time. We will work until 9 pm like usual. I really don’t know how things are things are going to go with that so we will see. haha. So yesterday I gave a talk about the importance of members in missionary work in sacrament. It went pretty well I think, obviously my Portuguese has some work still but the members said they liked it so that is good. haha. I love learning and trying new things as well so I will have to try that and see how it works out.
So this week we had a few people commit to be baptized and I will pray that it works out. The first are two women that we are teaching, their daughter/sister is a member and we think they will be baptized this Sunday or the next. The second is a man who is dating a less active member. He has been to church a lot and wants to be baptized, unfortunately they live together, this happens a lot. But they actually want to marry so we think they will be baptized April 15.  Still we have lots of investigators that are really interested, but fail to progress, so we are still working with people. Thank you so much for the love and support. It means the world. You guys are the best parents and the best family I could ask for. Send my love to everyone! Love Connor.

No comments:

Post a Comment