Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving


Ola!! Sorry I didn’t email yesterday. The email was down. I will ask about the relation and get back to you! So thanksgiving was awesome!! haha okay not that different but for lunch we got chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn with ice cream!! It was pretty awesome! Besides that it was the same until Friday night! They strung up Christmas lights everywhere in the courtyard and let us out of class early to come sing hymns, eat ice cream, and watch the lights turn on! It was way way legal! (cool) haha I took some pictures don’t worry and i will send them soon. Thank you so much for all of the packages and letters! They even have a fake Christmas tree in the cafeteria! haha. But bad news about the battery charger, it got here but it would take almost 50 dollars to pick up!!! It is because the Brazilian government doesn’t like electronics being shipped here so they charge lots of money. The good news is my roommate has an extra that works for me so i am just going to use that one! The one you sent should just get shipped back. Sounds like you guys all had an awesome thanksgiving! I am muito jealous of the food! Haha but Im glad it was good and hope you are enjoying the Christmas season! Thanks so much for the letters! I will be anxiously awaiting them! haha. So we can listen to music but if i want to i will have to buy it when I get to Rio because if you send it, it will be extremely expensive to pick up. Ill let you know more about music later. They have explored a little but can’t go to far. We go to temple until around 12, and then have till 5 to eat, explore, email, and whatever else. Thanks so much for all you guys love!! So next time you send a package do you think you could send some collar stays for my shirts? Its not important so don’t worry but i will probably end up losing mine, haha. Also my permanent retainer broke... So I’m just going to wear my normal ones. So something we learned a lot about this week was personal revelation! I never really noticed how important and useful it is! We can receive help with almost anything! You guys should study chapter four preach my gospel haha. Also I noticed how important it is to have an eternal perspective, to trade short- term gratification for long term success. I think this is extremely important in out lives. What might seem good at the time but be horrible for trying to achieve eternal life. Anyways I love hearing from you all and hope you stay healthy and have the spirit of Christmas and the spirit of Christ with you!! Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment