Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brazil Independence Day


Hello from Brazil!!!
First off thank you soo so so much for the missionties package! I haven´t gotten anything yet but I will have to go talk to them later today if they are open. It is actually a holiday here, the day they became a country, so lots of stuff is closed. But it will be awesome to get the food! Thank you!! That is awesome you got to volunteer for the Temple! It is so peaceful every time where go there. I love it. Tell Kade I´m happy for him and to stay safe! Tell Paige that is awesome and I am very proud of her! And tell Cole good luck with battle of the bands and college! I’m sure he will do great. Thanks for selling the Xbox, unfortunately there is not a remote but most universal remotes should work with it. I hope Moab went well for Dad! I love it there! The hardest thing so far has been learning the language, it just isn’t coming as fast as I want it to. It will come in time though. Honestly waking up early, and companionships really haven’t been that hard. They were the first week but I am pretty used to it now. I have really learned to love the scriptures so much!! They have so much advice and awesome stories I never noticed before. I wish I would have studied them more before. Also you guys should read preach my gospel, it has lots of good info that is relevant for all!! That is super cool about the family history, for sure send me a copy when you are done! It is so crazy to think what they went through. I was reading our heritage today and it amazes me what people endured to be a part of this church!!
So there isn’t much new to report here as every day is pretty much the exact same. haha. Except it has been cooler and constant rain the past two days, still nice though. We have a very interesting teacher that is learning about behavior in school I think I told you about. He has some awesome pointers about being a good missionary, I forgot most but they include never doing something for others approval, be in the present not the past or future. Similar to dad’s Buddhist quote, haha how does it go again? I am continuing to love my district and companion. My comp has been quite the traveler and has preformed in the Paris ballet and many others. Hope you guys have a fun Thanksgiving! I’ll let you know if they do anything special for it or Christmas. Maybe Turkey?? haha i wish... But also let me know what else you guys want to know. haha I always have things I want to tell but then I forget when I email, I will have to write them down. I hope you all stay safe and healthy!! Tell the grandparents I love them and I’m doing great!! I love you all so much!! Love Elder Ottosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment