Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My new area



Hey Family!
So first off my comp is Elder Barbosa from Belém do Pará, way up north in Brazil. He has 1 year and 6 months on the misson. I like working with him. 

So Nova Iguaçu is interesting. First off it is really big. Unfortunately all of the members except the bishop live so far away that we have to take a bus to get there. Most of the area is like Saracuruna, so really pretty humble, dirt roads, lots of people on the streets, but I like it like that. The Center of the city, close to where we live, is pretty nice. It has a big mall, some super nice apartment buildings and nice restaurants. A little bit of both worlds. Our chapel is the nicest I have had yet, it even has air conditioning in the sacrament room. 

We have about 80 to 90 members that are active, but only 50 went yesterday cause of Carnival. Speaking of which… It is pretty calm around here, a few crazy parties in the center of the city, but not too big. Like 99 percent of the people here travel for the beach, or the center of Rio for Carnival. It unfortunately is making it really hard to teach. We are returning around 7 at night. Both because it can be dangerous because of assaults, and because the are often parties, groups of men that put on women’s dresses that walk around the streets, and there have been some bad encounters with missionaries in the past. So it is better to avoid. ha. We were able to have one investigator go to church yesterday. Lucas is 17 years old and a friend of our bishop. The missionaries here have already taught him, but this week we are going to see about marking a date for baptism this Sunday or the next. Also some other good news, 

I don´t know if you guys remember Cintia? A woman we were teaching in Saracuruna that almost got baptized, but wasn´t able to because she wasn´t married. I guess she got married and baptized last Sunday! I was so happy to hear that!

Man I am so glad you guys got the package! I was hoping it would get there safe! Yeah I will go to the ortho the second I find one around here. So last week we were supposed to get 19 or 20 new missionaries. Unfortunately only 10 got here, all Brazilians, the other 10 are Americans and are waiting for their Visas.
So I am glad to hear Grandmas surgery went well. Send her a hug for me. I am constantly praying for all of you guys.
I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful week.
Love, Elder Connor Ottosen


No comments:

Post a Comment