Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A bit familiar


Hey! 
Sorry bout the late email. We went to the city center on Monday to do my visa papers, and then on the way back my comp got really sick, so we had to say at the assistant’s house. We got back yesterday, but he was still sick so it didn´t work out too well. 
So the week was a bit difficult cause of carnival. Lots of people traveled, but we made it through safe and sound, haha. One of the days we had a conference with president, man it was awesome, he talked a ton about love and charity. I can´t explain everything he explained so I will just say that when we truly have these attributes in our lives, everything else will work out well. I basically already knew this thanks to Dad´s awesome teaching, but it was able to be expanded with President. We also were able to find some new investigators. While knocking doors we talked with this woman who wasn´t going to let us in, and then I said something about Joseph Smith, and she said she was interested to learn more cause she had heard about him from the TV. We taught her and she is way awesome. Her mom was also there, and it was cool cause she asked if I had been there before. I said no, and she said because I looked familiar, and this is why they let us in. They usually would never let strangers in. It’s funny because being a tall redhead, there aren´t a lot of people that look like me in Brazil. It really shows just a small part of the Lord’s power.

In church on Sunday we had 107 members, a lot better than the 50 on Carnival. We had Lucas go to church again. We weren´t able to teach them this week, but are anxious to teach them today or tomorrow. There is also another ward close by, Queimados. It has been closed to missionaries for over a year, so we are responsible to work there if needed. We heard there is a teenager going to church there ready to be baptized, so we will see what happens. I am really liking this area.

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Send them my love.
Anyways things are started to pick up hear. Man it is crazy how many opportunities the mission gives you to improve, to learn, and to become a better, more prepared person. I love it, it isn´t easy, but it is wonderful.
Love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Elder Connor Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment