Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Record heat for the New Year


Happy New Years!
Anyways how was the week of you guys!? Yeah New Years I passed sleeping, I thought I would wake up from all the fireworks, but no. haha Not much different than a normal day. 
This week was alright, but honestly still not a lot happening. We have been talking a ton with our LZ´s and our LMA to find new investigators in our area. We have some ideas and I’ll let you know if anything works out. We have been walking a ton, and we had a great privilege last week. It was the hottest day in Rio since 1917. Registered around 110 but because of humidity and lack of wind it was giving the thermal sensation of 122. Man got to love the heat. haha That blows my mind it is cold around there. haha. Unfortunately because of all the heat, tons of rain came and Tuesday there was some huge floods in XerĂ©m and Saracuruna, my old area. A bunch of houses were destroyed, but I think the missionaries there are fine. Besides that things have been pretty normal. Honestly we are doing almost everything to find new investigators but many people travel and work, and their free days they go to the beach. No one wants to stay at home in 100-degree weather. But I´m not overly worried, the Lord´s will will be done. We have interviews with president tomorrow and I’m excited for that.
Anyways last week we watched Emma Smith, My Story, I think it is called. Really good, I recommend it. Puts my troubles in perspective. haha I loved it. Oh I should probably get my card tomorrow I am thinking. 
Anyways tell the entire family I love them and am praying for them. Thanks so much for the weekly letters, I love them. Anyways love you guys! Take Care!
Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment