Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A timely visit


Hey Fam!!
Sorry if this week is a bit short! So it was a pretty good week! We found a bunch of families that we are working with. Unfortunately they didn´t show up at church, but we are working on that. Yesterday we had an expericence pretty cool. We got a referral some time ago, and we finally found her home yesterday. Her name is Gloria, turns out that today she is going to the hospital because she has something that might be cancer in her stomach. She was really depressed lately, and said that she woke up yesterday and knew that someone would come visit her. She cleaned the house even though she didn´t know who would come. Then we showed up and she said that all her feelings of depression and sadness went away after our message. I was really touched by the story to see how much God really knows every one of us and listens to our pleas. Rafael is also going all right, our difficulty with him is that he is super busy, and almost never home. But we aren´t stopping yet. 
This week as you know the pope was in Rio. It amazes me how many people turned catholic over the week. Haha we saw tons of people with their world journey shirts and stuff, luckly it didn´t interfere a lot with the work. 
My comp is going really well. He is liking the mission a lot now. He speaks Portuguese well, and I can kinda understand Spanish, not too well though. I have for sure learned that my worst subject is learning languages. haha. 
Well fam! I am happy to be in Brazil, and hope that I can do my best for the rest of my time hear! I am really excited to see what happens over the next 2 months. Send a hug to everyone there and i love you all so much!!!
Love, Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment