Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Liking my new area


Hey family!

So I am really liking this new area. It is a lot different. It is tons of beach, super organized and clean, favelas don´t exist here. The people are usually super open and receptive, the bishop here is also awesome and ready to work. The chapel is brand new, but not as big as the one in Nova IguaƧu. The ward has about 100 to 110 that go to church. The vast majority of the people work on oilrigs or other ships, so the stay 15 days on land, then 15 days offshore of something like that. It is a small problem in keeping the ward very strong. My comp is Elder Lamb. He is from California.  We have some good families that we area teaching but lots aren’t married yet. One that is married has a baptismal date for this Sunday, but we haven´t been able to visit them yet so I will let you know. In our district it is us, and two pairs of sisters in Cabo Frio. First time that I have been in a zone with sisters, it seems pretty cool. They seem pretty excited to work. The area is pretty beautiful, we don´t see the beach a lot, but most of the houses are organized and look good. Honestly if I every lived in Rio, I would seriously consider Rio das Ostras.

I met a member yesterday that will be staying in Utah the end of April to the middle of May. He said he would be passing in Draper, and he would love to pass by just to say hi. He was a foreign exchange student in Morgan Utah, got baptized there, and then moved back. Really cool kid, he is 20 years old and getting ready for the mission.

That is awesome that San Francisco turned out good! awesome to hear you guys had a good time! Glad the weather is good in Draper. The weather here is also better, a bit cooler and generally has a coastal breeze. 

Great to hear about all the new missionaries! Honestly that will make a bit difference I think.

Oh so we just got an update from the 1st presidency that we can email friends and anyone from home. So anyone who emails me I can email back, if I have time. haha

Also I might send a package home soon, but don´t get too excited. It will just be personal things that are kind of heavy or taking up lots of space. Things you can keep until i get back.

Well I pray for you all! Hope things are going well and getting better!
Love you!!!!

Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment