Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meeting the Mission President


oi! Sorry I didnt email yesterday, we went to the federal police to do some visa work, and then we took a bus to Jaracapagua? and slept over there because all the new missionaries had training with the president today. It was really cool yesterday cause we drove through the center of Rio and then along the coast and beach for a while. It is absolutely beautiful. First time I saw a beach here, and no wonder people come from around the world to vacation. haha but training with the President was great today! As I am getting to know him I really like him, he is all about doing everything by the spirit and hard work. Definitely someone to look of up. Unfortunately we didn’t have any investigators in church, they either wouldn’t wake up or we had 2 that were sick. But I know if we work hard we can get some next week. I honestly am growing and learning so much and am super excited to see what happens over the next 2 years. Believe it or not but I am pretty used to walking around in the 100´s
and it is not as bad as I would have thought. Still not easy by any means though. haha. But I hope everything is going good there and everyone is better now! Also I hope that you guys had a fun Martin Luther King day! Did you and dad already go to Florida or is that coming up. Man I miss saint george but hope dad and the teachers have fun. That’s kind of interesting about the funeral being at a restaurant. Man I would love to read grandmas history when she gets it written. Sounded like grandpa and grandma had some awesome friends and stories.
Wish Cole luck with battle of the Bands. That is super exciting he made it. I wish I could see. Also tell Kade congrats on scouts! I heard about the cruise ship and saw a picture because it was on TV at the federal police. That is insane, kinda scary to think about. Haha Iove the comparison with the scriptures and belt. Honestly the scriptures help me more than anything and I love them. So I got the other 4 packages today, two for Christmas and two for things that I couldn’t bring. Thanks so so much!! It was like a second Christmas! There are so many things haha I will have stuff to last for a long time don’t worry. Unfortunately I got a letter that there was another box but it was 3 hours away and would take 90 reais to pick up. So im going to let it get sent back because I cant travel 3 hours. Thanks for every thing though!!! I really appreciate it. Money has been doing pretty good. I might buy a watch though because the cheap ones don’t last, I have already been though 2. haha So if money goes that is why. Tell Paige thank you sooooo much. That really means a lot to me and it is amazing to know I am so much support and love at home. I am praying for you guys to! Hope you all stay safe and know I love you all! I know this church is true and has made me so much a better person! With tons of love! Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment