Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally got some packages!


Well First off Happy Birthday Kade!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good one! I hope it was, Teacher now?? Haha That’s crazy! Oh and yes everyone can email me, but I can only email family. Also yes I can print emails so no problem there! Some really good news! Last Tuesday I got the letters and two of the packages! One from you and one from Grandma! Tell Grandma thanks so so much! I loved it and am super excited to have pancakes with maple syrup. haha. The other packages, there are 4, I will get on the 17th when we have a meeting with the president. Also could you get me Nicks A´s mission address? Thanks! So my week was pretty good! Really depressing yesterday though. We were all ready to baptize aparecida when her older sister decided not to let her. She thought that she couldn’t have fun and some other things, we talked for almost 2 hours but she wouldn’t budge. It is really sad because Aparecida really wants to, but she lives with her older sister who would kick her out. Makes me really sad. But we do have a bunch of new investigators. I am discovering that the hardest thing is getting people to church. Almost all the adults we talk to work on Sunday, and even if they don´t work it is super hard to get them to wake up by 9. But I am sure we will find some that are willing! The ward is really great! Probably about 70-90 people. The church building is an actually building, just way way smaller that what I am used to. haha It will help though that there was a stake fireside last night where president Lima spoke to the stake on how they can help out the missionaries more with our work! President Lima is a really spiritual guy and I look forward to getting to know him more!! Oh and my shoes are doing great! Absolutely no problems there and also we can get contact solution here, so don´t worry. Tell Paige to get better soon!! And tell Cole I wish him luck with Battle of the Bands! That would be awesome to make it! Malaysia sounds pretty sweet! Tell Ashley she can email me about it if she wants. One thing that would be super helpful are return address stamps of my address here, just a thoughts. Really I can’t think of anything else I would need right now. It definitely is such a privilege to have the opportunity to serve a mission! I love it more and more every day, even the stressful days, which I am sure I will have many of. haha. That is super awesome about the Recent Convert grandma mentioned, I know we all can make a difference in people lives that we know. Something that strengthened my testimony a ton was last week, I was having a bit of trouble with the language, mostly understanding people. So I decided to fast and as soon as I did, honestly I could understand sooo much more Portuguese. Seriously the Lord will always help us in the way that is best for us. Sometimes the things we ask for are only possible through fasting and prayer. I know that if I work hard I can improve tons with Portuguese during the next 9 weeks of training.  It is kind of funny that at least half of our new investigators started because they saw that I was American and wanted me to speak English or something. There are a few perks to not being native. haha I thank you all for your support though and hope you are all staying safe. Love you all tons! Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment