Connor's Rio Address

Here is the mission home address for letters and packages:
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Dois de Dezembro 78
Salas 703/704 Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro RJ 22220-040
Brazil
You can also e-mail him at connor.ottosen@myldsmail.net
He can get e-mails AND now he can e-mail family and friends back!!!!!
THANKS for the letters! He says they are like gold!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Provo bound!


Hello From Provo!
Wow! haha I admit I was expecting hard but the first few days exceeded my expectations! As I told you already they are doing the emersion program where the teachers only speak portuguese. It was difficult but I'm still here!! The emersion program will be really good to prepare me for Brazil on wednesday! Things got really better yesterday. We had sacrament, a temple walk, a departure devotional and talk with our branch president. We also had an awesome fireside. The speaker taught mostly through hymns and we sang almost 12 hymns during the meeting. The Spirit was really strong and then we watched the Joseph Smith movie. I am actually starting to like it here, though I am still glad I am going to Sao Paulo. The language is coming but it is not easy. The hardest part for me right now is pronouncing the words. It is so much different from Spanish. For example de sounds like ge. But it will come in time, luckily my companion, Elder Kerr, studied a little before he came and is really good at the language. He is really nice and a smart kid from Taylorsville. The rest of my district is also really awesome, I love them all. The day after I got my visa my companion and 2 other Elders from my district got theirs as well! They are not on the same flight as me but will be in the MTC with me. I have yet to figure out if I will have Elder Kerr as my companion in Brazil or not. Thank you everyone who sent me letters! They are my only connection to the outside world. We could be in WW3 and I don't think we would hear of it. And thank you mom for the package, it is awesome to get those things now instead of 2 months. haha. Do you think when you send my other stuff you could send my red tie that I left, along with 2 or 3 others. They weren't kidding when they said ties are the only variety you will have. Also a yellow one would be cool to have because of Brazils colors. I will try to send what I don't need today.
So I didn't realize how strict they were. haha In the MTC here we have to wear our suites at all times except at lunch or if our district leaders approves in the classroom. The entire day is planned for you and you don't have 10 mins extra. Also security is really tight. You need your i.d. card to get in your residential building and the MTC grounds and many other things. haha It's all good though, becasue with strict obedience we get blessings and the companionship of the spirit. I really like the leaders, teachers, and other missionaires I have met. Everyone is super nice. I have seen Elder Preston and Parker Wooten, Elder Jeremy Avery, Elder Craig and Josh Skousen, Elder Rourke Diamond, and a few others I know.
Mostly my schedule consists of class time, study time, eating time and... sometimes a devotional or meeting or something. haha. I get personal time at the end to write in my journal or pray or whatever I feel prompted to do. It will be wierd going from the huge MTC here to the small one at brazil. It is crazy how all of the days kind of mesh together in the MTC. On saturday I realized it was saturday halfway though the day and though of how crazy it was and there is no difference between days.
The food here is usually pretty good but nothing amazing. The best they have had so far has been Papa Johns Pizza one night. haha probably last time having that for 2 years.
So I will get to call home sometime before 2, and also at my stop in Atlanta around 6 I think. I will call dad as well. Then I get in brazil around 10 in the morning, probably around 1 Sao Paulo time. I have no idea when my next P day is but I will email you once I get the Chance. I love you all. Tell people to write me! The address that is in my packet is
Elder Connor Keetch Ottosen
Brazil Rio de Janeiro Mission
Brazil Missionary Training Center
Rua Padre Antonio D'Angelo, 121
Casa Verde
02516-040 Sao Paulo-Sp
Brazil
I am super excited to learn the language and even more excited to be out in the field teaching.  Also keep me updated on college games.. haha It is crazy to think it is Monday and I have no idea what happened. Don't worry I won't let myself get distracted.
Also Mom and Dad, Thank you so much for your letters and notes in my journal. They really helped especially the first day when I was kind of overloaded and discouraged. I know I will have tough days but will the help of the Lord I can become strong from them. I know where ever the Lord wants me I will go and do my best and he will help me though it. I love you all so much! Wish me luck! or Better yet pray the spirit will be with me!
Love, Elder Ottosen

No comments:

Post a Comment